Friday, May 26, 2006

On the Road Again...

Cue the Willie Nelson music...no seriously, cue it. I love that song.

In a couple of hours we will be finished loading "the monstrosity" (aka the rented travel trailer) and take off for Tennessee, Georgia, and Florida. Planned stops along the way are visits with Dave's grandparents, a trip to Savannah just because I've always wanted to go there, and, of course, a pilgrimage to see Mickey because not only can I not live without him; now my kids can't either. (Much to Dave's chagrin. Hee!Hee!) On the way home we will stay with Aunt P (this time AFTER Disney) and likely Dave's sister in Lafayette, LA. I always dread that last one just a little. My BIL used to be so nice and so funny, then he went from being the drummer in a Christian rock band to an assistant pastor at a non-denominational church. Needless to say, the longer he's been employed as such, the worse his treatment of us heathen Latter-Day Saints becomes. For our last two visits, he hasn't even bothered to be there. Maybe he'll do that this time too. One can only hope...

Anyway, fear not, I will still be blogging. It turns out there are tons of wi-fi hotspots on every possible stop on our trip. Even one at the McDonald's in Jonesborough, Tennessee (home of Dave's grandparents). I didn't even know there was a McDonald's there. In fact, I'm sure that during our visits in 1998 and 2001, there wasn't one. I guess progress (or something masquerading as it) eventually spreads everywhere, doesn't it?

So we're off...tonight's destination is Jackson, TN which means Casey Jones Village for breakfast tomorrow! A family tradition on the Lawson side for two generations. Breaking with Lawson family tradition, I doubt we will run out of gas on the side of the road even once before we get there.

3 comments:

el-e-e said...

Have a wonderful trip! We'll be going toward the opposite side of TN -- playing in Memorial Day traffic, too, woo-boy. Happy Summer!

Anonymous said...

Have a great time! If you get bored on the road and have a signal, give me a holler, I have lots of news for you! The funniest of which is I'm on crutches for a few days. It is kind of funny even though it's painful. I ran over myself at work! LOL!

kate said...

Hey, how's the trip going? No Memorial Day here, and I'm in the throes of the last few days of studying... Anyway, I wanted to send you an email (nothing important, just some rambling and a question) but I don't have your email address. If you want to, mail me at madridkate9 at yahoo dot com (minus the spaces, of course). No rush.

Have fun!