Friday, September 29, 2006

Friday Free-For-All

-To the very rude teacher who has delighted in harrassing everyone at The Agency every time you call...you will get yours. It's not a threat, it's just my firm belief in karma. To any other teacher-types who may read my blog, yes museums need kids and field trips to keep us in business, but that doesn't give anyone the right to talk to the staff any-which-way you please. Though, as a PTA member, officer, and president; I've NEVER been spoken to in the manner I was this afternoon by any other teacher I've ever known. Even the two that kicked Tristan out of their schools.

-While I'm on that note, just because your kids are home schooled doesn't mean they shouldn't understand what to do when they are told to "line up." They will have to do it in every store, bank, and entertainment venue they frequent for their entire adult life. Some members of our staff were home schooled and were horrified to hear that little 'justification' of kids' misbehavior. Lining up is a useful life skill for all of us, no matter how we pursue our education.

-Even with all of that, it still rocked to get to teach my first field trip group this week. Woo Hoo!

-Having something to do every freakin' night of the week is a bit more than the older me can handle. I need a vacation-but I won't have one until the end of October.

-I'm getting really excited about my vacation at the end of October! Phoenix here I come!

-I'm just excited that I survived this week-even if I did forget to take Natalie to Girl Scouts.

-Her previous troop only met bi-weekly.

-She starts piano lessons next Tuesday.

-I'm going to need some post-it notes in the car, I think.

-I miss GranD and game night, but we haven't used our home theatre since she moved back to Oklahoma. I don't know what we're watching tonight, but it's gonna be good! I'm thinking Star Wars, but I might be overruled.

-Is anyone surprised by my movie choice?

-I didn't think so.

-I've had the same three Netflix DVD's here since mid-August, still unwatched. I think it's time to send them back anyway.

That's all I've got for tonight-maybe I'll feel more coherent tomorrow.

No comments: