Monday, September 04, 2006

Menu Monday



As I've mentioned, my new schedule means that nothing gets done around here without a plan. One of those plans definitely involves a weekly menu. So here's what's cookin' this week at Casa Gregg:

Monday-Carne Guisada with rice (This recipe is courtesy of Menus4Moms.com-it's in last week's archives.)
Tuesday-Chicken, Ham, and rice casserole (Ditto-the chicken, ham, and rice are already in the fridge as leftovers just waiting to be Tuesday night's dinner.)
Wednesday-Grilled cheese and tomato soup (It's been a favorite since my days in the DG house.)
Thursday-Chicken fried rice, edamame, and egg rolls (My kids have so much fun popping the edamame pods into their mouths, they don't know they're eating something healthy-shh!)
Friday-Pizza night! (Menus4Moms always has a cute and clever Friday night pizza recipe, but I usually just go to Little Caesar's for the $5 special on the way to Gran D's house.)

Payday is Friday this week, so I won't plan the weekend meals until Thursday when I get next week's Menus4Moms list in my inbox. Weekends are usually more spontaneous around here anyway. Those darn dads (at least this one) just don't like to have 'a plan.'

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lobo doesn't like to have a plan either (at least on weekends) -- he thinks it limits his spontaniety and interferes with his ability to relax because he knows that his life is already "scheduled." Whatever. We've just had to agree to disagree on that one.

el-e-e said...

I couldn't function without my weekly menus. And we did grilled cheese and soup tonight! Nummy.

Melessa Gregg said...

el-e-e-It's on our menu tomorrow. Woo Hoo!

andie-Dave is only home on the weekends, so we skip the planning in his honor-and also because by Saturday, I'm usually ready for a padded room more than an evening of gourmet cooking ('cause my meals are obviously gourmet as you can see by the menu)