
I just discovered Organizing Junkie who does this every week!
Monday-Pancakes, eggs, & bacon
Tuesday-Tuna casserole
Wednesday-Tyson chicken patty sandwiches (Why yes, I am trying to make them that much more grateful for Turkey Day by serving bland meals every day leading up to it. How did you guess?)
Thursday-THANKSGIVING DAY!
Friday-Pizza night
Saturday-Leftovers
Sunday-Crockpot beef stew
For more recipe goodness, check out Carmen's Mission Monday post!
15 comments:
HA HA!!! I LOVE that idea. That is just my style to serve "ok" stuff and then a grand banquet. hehe
Great minds......
Jenn
Breakfast for dinner is one of my favorites!
Have a great Thanksgiving this week!
Laura
Hey Melessa,
go to www.foodtv.ca and look for the show Fixing Dinner. The host Sandi Richard is a professional meal planner and..............a mom of 7!!!
Her menus are easy, time saving and tasty! You'll like I think how she does the grocery list...much more complete and helpful so that you're not going around saying uh....what do I need? She also believes in a 5 day meal plan with one day for leftovers and one day for "whatever".
Check it out!
That will really make them thankful won't it! Have a great Thanksgiving!
I second Flying Kitty's suggestion. That's a very good show--I've gotten many good ideas there.
jammy-I'm kind of cleaning out my freezer and getting the kids primed for a really good meal on Thursday at the same time. Great minds indeed. :>) (Thanks for visiting my blog.)
org junkie-I love pancakes, so I like to slide this in there occasionally. And I didn't want to do a lot of shopping or fancy meal prep beyond Thanksgiving dinner this week. I'm honored you stopped by for a 'visit' here.
flying kitty-I'm THRILLED to see you lurking here and I will definitely check out Fixing Dinner!
Angie-I hope it will. And, more importantly, my fridge and freezer will be cleaned out and ready for the holidays! Thanks for visiting me!
barb, sfo-Anyone who seconds Flying Kitty is a smart lady! Thanks for stopping by!
I'm off to check out more menus at Organizing Junkie, then I'll have to see about "Fixing Dinner." ;>)
Great idea on the lead-up to holiday festivities! I think I may have been too ambitious in trying to cook regular meals, some new, in addition to holiday stuff. I like your way a lot better, and I bet that the pizza and leftovers will be good too! I always love turkey sandwiches or turkey soup (or ham!)with leftover holiday meat!
Happy Thanksgiving!!!
stacy-I'm not sure I'm clever, just trying to save a little money and use stuff up for a change. I'm sure we will have ham leftovers, but I never make the turkey and I never get the leftovers from it. And that's too bad because I love turkey.
Melessa,
This is just an aside from your earlier post. I think you sound very sweet and like a great mother and wife. Some of us could only be so fortunate to meet you.
But, you're taken :( so I hope things are getting better with your husband. Good luck.
Scott
Thanks Scott, but as you said, I'm very taken. Also, this blog is only written from my point of view which is certainly biased in my own favor...
Tuna Cassorole sounds like a pleasant change.
Have a Happy Stuffing Day.
Thanks Rona! I switched it to tomorrow night's dinner because DH will be with us and I only had enough chicken patties for 5. The kids tend to give me less grief about what I fix when Dad is home for dinner, unfortunately, that's only about twice a week.
Sounds like a good plan! Enjoy your week.
Emma
How cool is this? And Tuesday is my shopping day (first weekday when I only have 1 kid at home w/me; I refuse to grocery shop when outnumbered). I'll definitely check this out next time. We love "breakfast for dinner" 'round these parts, too.
Toni-Isn't it cool, though?! Maybe I'll even get to post some good recipes in the weeks to come. This week was kind of a fridge/freezer clean-out leading up 'till Turkey Day.
Post a Comment