Monday, January 08, 2007

Menu Plan Monday





Monday-Tacos, refried beans (from the foil pouch, of course), and applesauce
Tuesday-Chicken and Noodles (I 'borrowed' the recipe from thatgirl), and biscuits
Wednesday-Hashbrown dinner and sliced French bread
Thursday-Spaghetti and meatballs (I bought some tomato puree from Trader Joe's while in Tucson. I LUV that store. I wish the closest one to here wasn't in St. Louis...) and carrot salad. I learned to make this in Italy, and I love it:
Carrot Salad-
My kids prefer baby carrots to the regular ones so, I grate enough of those for the five of us, but I think I used to use about 3-4 big carrots. I mix in a small amount of olive oil, a larger amount of Balsamic vinegar and a dash of salt. There is no exact measurement, just play with it until it tastes good.
Friday-Pizza night (We've skipped it so often over the holidays that I'm actually looking forward to it!)

Check out more menus at Organizing Junkie!

7 comments:

alisonwonderland said...

i love Trader Joe's too! the last time i went to California by car, i filled a cooler with frozen enchiladas and other tasty TJ items and drove them all the way home. it's been a long time though . . . :o(

Anonymous said...

Reason #473 why I doubt I'm cut out to be a mother: Menu planning? What's that? You mean I'm supposed to feed these small people organized meals every single day?!

I can't imagine cooking dinners every night that are more complicated than a bean burrito and green salad. Twice a week I spend 20 or 30 minutes making dinner, and the rest of the time it's 10 minutes or less. How do you moms do it?

Melessa Gregg said...

Alison-I was wishing like crazy for a bigger cooler on the drive home. But I would have had to strap some kids to the roof, and it was snowy in Albuquerque.

Anne-It's not as bad as you think. I didn't need a real plan until kid number four got old enough to eat with us-and very few of those recipes are complicated. I mean, look at who's doing the cooking.

Laura said...

Hello! Thanks for participating! I see you are making the Hashbrown dinner which is my daughter's favorite meal! The only thing I changed is the veggies..I just use frozen peas and carrots. Hope you like it too.
Laura (orgjunkie)

Anonymous said...

Tastey sounding menu.

I'll be trying the chicken and dumplings as well..

I forgot about the hashbrown dinner. That was always a winner.

I never heard of eating carrots that way - I'll have to try that one too.

Emma said...

Sounds great!

Anonymous said...

Everything looks really good. Thanks for sharing the carrot salad recipe.