Thursday, March 08, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #18

First of all, I'm so grateful to the two wonderful ladies who took on Thursday Thirteen so it didn't have to "retire." You can visit them and all the other Thursday Thirteeners here!

I named this blog "But I digress" out of my tendencies to ramble for hours about nothing. But looking back, I think there are many other titles that would have suited that same purpose. Some of these I actually considered, others I just made up off the top of my head until I had 13 of them.

Thirteen Alternate Titles for this Blog:

1. Much Ado about Nothing (much like Seinfeld, this blog rarely has a point)
2. Shades of Grey (representative of my political views-I can't pick a side on ANYTHING.)
3. Odd-Woman Out (Pretty much how I've felt my whole life. I'm learning to embrace it.)
4. "...full of sound and fury signifying nothing." (According to my husband, anyway.)
5. It's Cheaper than Therapy (it IS)
6. Gregg Digressions, formerly known as Lawson's Lair (A play on the was my friend Chris and I once planned to answer the phone if we ever became roommates.)
7. Diary of a Mad PTA President (self-explanatory)
8. Endless Blather (well...)
9. Four Kids Are Gonna Cause my Funeral (a play on the movie)
10. Mi Vida Loca (that one is definitely taken)
11. Eh Allora? Uno. (Italian joke)
12. Caught Between a Blog and a Hard Place (that one kind of refers to how I feel stuck between two worlds-see my B4B: Between post)
13. Please Read My Blog! (No really, please do!)

12 comments:

Penny said...

Oh my those are awesome! Quite a few would fit my blog (Just Bloggin' Along) as well! I especially like #12.

I told my husband he should start one called Blah, Blah, Blog, but I ran across one with that name long after I gave him that idea. Now it's too late...lol!

My TT is a list of plants I plan to plant in our yard this spring/summer.

Anonymous said...

I like numbers 7 and 12! Actually, I started a separate blog just for the meme's only because I had a title I liked...no other reason!

Unknown said...

thats an honest list..cool

Andi said...

Ok...I will read your blog. :-)

Melessa Gregg said...

pen-I just checked out your list and I'm jealous of all your plants. At least I make the gardens at work look good.

m.o.m.-Those are two of my favorites too. Thanks for visiting me!

amy-Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Love that you can be self-deprecating and funny about your blogging life.

My TT is all about the writing life this week - with a couple of cool pix thrown in for good measure.

Marilyn said...

I didn't even really plan to keep my blog. I just wanted to see what it took to blog, and now it's been almost a month and I'm still doing it, and I could have named it something relevant... Anyway, I like your name.

Raggedy said...

They all sound pretty good.
Terrific Thursday Thirteen!
My TT is posted.
Have a wonderful day!
Happy TT'ing!
*^_^
(=':'=)
(")_ (")Š
Raggedy

alisonwonderland said...

well done! i think #5 is my favorite - but they're all great!

happy TT!

-atomik kitten said...

I used to have a blog on blog-city that was called stupidity irks me. It still does.

Lana said...

you're very funny!

Melessa Gregg said...

Thanks TXMommy!