So...the nit-picking, it's still ongoing...and so is the PTA candy sale. That means I have to go to the school whether the kids can or not. I've tried all week not to be late for work, and every day I've been ambushed by a teacher or student or situation and STILL not arrived until around 9:15. Everyone at work (me included) was a little on edge today and I promised our YW president that I would be in charge of Mutual tonight (our church youth activity) which meant that I had to go tonight, like it or not.
As it turned out, the later part of my day did go a little better than I thought it would. I got some laundry and dishes done. I combed everyone's hair and found that only one child still has any nits left. And so, I drove to church this evening feeling less stress than I had all week. The activity went all right and I was feeling pretty good about myself and my ability to work part-time, run the PTA, raise four kids, and help out when the YW president was away. I guess my head was getting a little big, but it was immediately brought back to its rightful size when I heard one of the girls say: "Sister G, you had better come here." I went into the Men's Room to find my two year-old naked and standing on top of the the entire roll of paper towels that she must have pulled one by one from the dispenser on the wall. Her clothes and soggy diaper were strewn across the floor. And where was I when she did all of this? Standing around patting myself on the back for being so on top of things in my life. It was one of my finest moments in parenting, no doubt. I could have cried, but I chose to laugh...and to point it out to both of her Nursery teachers who were there as well as the Branch President. The branch where we attend church is small and rural. She will NEVER live this down. I think I'm going to survive the rest of the week just fine.
3 comments:
Yikes. This post makes me so tired. :) Picturing your baby having a great time with the TP in the men's room gave me a smile. LOL
Oh Melessa, that is so hilarious. Hey, you ARE a fantastic parent you know, toddler in the men's room or no.
Millie and LIbby-Thanks for commenting and I'm glad I could make you smile. It was too funny!
Post a Comment