Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Doing the Happy Dance

I checked my OU email yesterday to find two new ones. The first one detailed the new dorm safety procedures following yesterday's tragedy at VA Tech. In deference to yesterday's devastating news, I sat on the contents of the other email, but it's a new day today and I can't wait anymore...

I passed my comp exams. I PASSED MY COMP EXAMS!! I did it! I'm finished! I graduate!!

There is a scene at the end of The Muppet Movie where Mr. Lew Lord calls up his secretary asking him to prepare one "standard rich & famous contract" for Kermit the Frog and his friends. The rest of the Muppets go crazy celebrating while Kermit stands quietly for a moment nodding and swallowing as he takes in the idea that he has finally made it. And that's how I feel right now too.

11 comments:

h2o girl said...

WOOHOO!!!! Congratulations, Melessa! You are a Master!

Way to go, sweetie.

Tiffany said...

Congratulations! What a wonderful feeling and that was a quick answer. You are amazing. Mom of four while getting your Masters!

Anonymous said...

HOORAY!

I never doubted that you would pass. I bet none of us did.

So this is it? You finally get to take a few deep breaths and relax for the next three weeks while you wait for graduation? I hope so. Is graduation on May 11th or 12th?

I hope your family is having a great big party for you, because you deserve it!

Christy said...

PARTY ON! You totally deserve it.

Congratulations!

Christina said...

Congrats!!!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Now what do you do next? PhD??? hahahahaha

el-e-e said...

Way to go, Melessa! Congrats! Treat yourself to something wonderful to celebrate!

Politically Homeless said...

Congrats! When is the graduation party?

stef said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Stefanie

Melessa Gregg said...

Thank you to everyone for all the excitement! I will post details about the party later next week. Oh yes, there IS a party!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Congratulations!! Good for you!

(Yes, I'm a little behind.)