Monday, August 27, 2007
Daddy's Home
For the first time in three years, Dave got up at 5:30 a.m. and left for work by 6:00, just as he used to for the first 6 years of our marriage. At 4:15, he came back home. What was supposed to be a "temporary" switch to the swing-shift in the Fall of 2004 has FINALLY come to an end. And, as far as I'm concerned, it was far overdue. He still seems a little annoyed with the change. After all, his favorite buddies from work are all still working nights. But if he only knew how much has been hanging in the balance lately, he would be relieved. It's all right though, I'm relieved enough for both of us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I hated when my husband worked the night shift. I had babies at home and it was impossible to keep them quiet during the day for him to sleep. Not to mention all those things "hanging in the balance". He too was sorry to see it end. To this day I still give an audible, "UGH" just thinkging about hubby on the nightshift. Glad to hear your torture has ended!
Thanks Babs! I'm glad too.
Thank goodness! Dad at home every evening is exactly what your family needs. You deserve a break after four years of wrangling four kids by yourself every night.
sounds like a huge relief! I cannot even imagine how hard that must have been.
Here's hoping its just what you need.
I think that Doug working nights contributed to our demise. It certainly wasn't the only reason, but I remember being very jealous of women I knew who could take a class or meet friends occasionally in the evenings. Plus sometimes we could go close to three days without talking face to face - he'd be asleep when I went to work and I'd be asleep when he got home.
Yuck - I am feeling yucky just remembering that time.
Anyway, I am glad it's ending for you, and I hope those hanging things balance themselves out for you.
Post a Comment