Watching-
Not much of anything. I skipped Army Wives last week and Big Love is still sitting unwatched on my Tivo, soon to be joined by tonight's episode. I'm sure I will get around to them eventually.
At the Movies-
I got a spontaneous phone call from a friend at church yesterday. At the moment, her husband is currently deployed to Kuwait and she is home alone with 6 kids: a 10 year-old, two 7 year-olds (twins), and three 1 year-olds (triplets). She wanted to get out of the house and she had called a babysitter. Did I want to hang out with her? If she had wanted to rob a bank I would have driven her getaway car. As it was, she wanted to see The Bourne Ultimatum. (We'll try robbery next time!) It was SO GOOD! Notwithstanding all the sweaty Matt Damon shots (which I am all about), it was also a very good movie. It was a big Hollywood blockbuster without the look and feel of such a film. I rarely say this, but I hope they make a fourth one. We also had dinner out at La Baguette. Good times! I'm so glad she called and invited me along, I had a great time!
In My Netflix Queue-
Same Time Next Year-
I can't believe how touching, funny, and sweet this movie was. I watched it last Wednesday at the height of last week's freak-out and it was the perfect catharsis for me. I'm going to have to buy this one and add it to my list of all-time favorites. It was that good.
Pride and Prejudice Pt. 2-
I am now officially ruined for the newer version that came out a couple of years ago. This was the miniseries done by the BBC several years ago and I absolutely loved it. Netflix did right by me this week, even if they did send Dave that awful Aqua Teen Hunger Force thing. (Hey, he asked for it. It's not really their fault.)
Muppet Show Season 2: Discs 1 & 2-
OK, went ahead and bought this and it has been, of course, a big hit. So far my favorite has ben Rich Little doing all the scenes from old musicals, BUT Elton John's episode is on Disc 3 and that's one of my all-time favorites so Rich's time on my 'favorite' list will be brief. I only hope we don't have to wait as long for season 3 as we did season 2. But I'm not holding my breath.
Extracurricular Activities-
PTA t-shirt orders are rolling in and the school store had it's first run last Friday. We have our first and second meetings planned and scheduled and as long as I remember to type up tomorrow's hand-outs we'll still be in good shape. As much as I dreaded the school year all summer, it's not nearly as bad as I thought it would be now that it's here.
3 comments:
I agree about the Boune Ultimatum! YUMMY! We went and saw it the Saturday after it came out... I think that this movie was the best so far, and would be very happy if they did make a 4th. :)
Same Time Next Year was one of my high school date-nights, can you believe it? I'm soooo old. But I still love the memory of seeing that in the theater with my young love. :o)
Jen
arbee-I would be very happy too.
Jen-First, you are not old. Second, remember this:
George: You always could see through me, couldn't you?
Doris: But that's okay, because... I've always loved what I've seen.
It makes me melt. Sigh.
Post a Comment