Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Thursday Thirteen #41

Valentine's Day Checklist for PTA Moms

  1. Volunteer as homeroom parent for at least one child's class-check!
  2. Volunteer to bring something for every child's classroom (always fruit or veggies because I'm that mom, or rather I became her after seeing all the junk the kids ate when Tristan was in Pre-K)-check!
  3. Buy Valentines for four classrooms-check!
  4. Buy extras *just in case*-check!
  5. Buy cute teacher gifts for each kid's class-check!
  6. Take off work for the day to attend parties in three of the four classrooms (the ones at the same school)
  7. Pester Remind the kids to fill out Valentines all week long-check!
  8. Finally get three out of four to finish them-check!
  9. Do the three year-old's for her, feeling a little sad because it's likely the last year I will ever do that for any of my kids.-check!
  10. Have a teacher tell me at the last minute that there is one class without a homeroom mom who is not having a party tomorrow-check!
  11. Email all the other homeroom moms in desperation and ask for help-check!
  12. Get an almost IMMEDIATE response from everyone-check! (Our PTA may be small, but we can do anything!)-check!
  13. Get all the Valentine's for all the kids loaded up in backpacks, ready snacks for all the parties, and get it all done before 10 p.m. only to have one child start vomiting profusely just as you are going to bed feeling good about tomorrow-check and sigh!

Oh well! Happy Valentine's Day anyway!

For more Valentine's Day Thursday Thirteens, click here!

6 comments:

Mia said...

Ahh I remember those days. Seems like it was just yesterday.

Happy TT!!!

Leeann said...

That would be almost my same list, except that it would end with:
13. Wake up to 2 feet of snow and closed schools. No Valentine's Day parties, today!

Anonymous said...

Interesting. Where I went to school. St Valentine's Day was completely ignored.

Jax said...

WOW! You go MOM!!!
Our PTA are full of folks whom look down their noses at you, so I start out every year going to the very first meeting, swearing never to go to another one. LOL
Happy V Day!

Anonymous said...

I am generally that mom too, but they had ice cream sundaes and it would have looked weird for Monkey Butt or Bry-onicle to bring in tomatoes or apples...

Melessa Gregg said...

jax-We have about 15 active PTA members so no snootiness allowed-especially with me as President.

atomik kitten-I saw other classes doing sundae parties and wished I had thought of doing one too. I did make the 4th graders play 'pass the orange'-that was amusing.