Monday, April 28, 2008

Menu Plan Monday

Long time, no plan, eh? Yeah. And it was starting to feel that way around here too. With rising gas and food prices, I have decided to try and cut back on our dinner budget around here and planning ahead is pretty much the key to any money savings in this house. (Well, that and hiding Daddy's debit card-but it hasn't come to that yet.)

Monday-Janey's 'Cheater' Lasagna, salad, and French bread (I met Janey at last year's FRED. She made this awesome cheese ravioli lasagna that was WAY better than the recipe I had for it. She was nice enough to share that recipe with me and I'm going to attempt it tonight. Wish me luck!)

Tuesday-BBQ sandwiches (I made my favorite pork roast recipe last night, this will use up the leftovers-shredded and heated up with BBQ sauce), baked beans, carrot sticks, applesauce (another leftover)

Wednesday-Tortilla chip pie

Thursday-Crockpot chicken and noodles (calls for just 2 chicken breasts and I can use up the rest of the carrots)

Friday-Out for Thai with friends (also my birthday), kids will eat at grandma's

Saturday-Cookout hamburgers/hot dogs, tater tots, watermelon, corn on the cob

Sunday-Not sure yet-still working my way through our big meat delivery in the deep freeze (it will likely come from there).

For (lots) more menus, see Laura's blog The Organizing Junkie!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tuesdays sounds good (minus carrot sticks). Can I get it delivered?

Kate Walz said...

Sounds tasty! Now I think I want ravioli...