My buddy John just had another birthday. Yet again, I was unsuccessful at finding my favorite picture of us (he's giving me a piggyback ride at Six Flags), but I did find a couple that I certainly don't remember taking. I've told stories here many times of how we would all go camping (on our way to Six Flags, in fact), and how John would always let Chris and I do all the work. We've all had a good laugh in the Comments section about it and even if John didn't like the teasing, he certainly didn't complain because...well...he knows himself and he remembers the trips too. Or does he? Chris, look what I found in my picture box this week:
For sure, that's you in the foreground hammering in the tent stakes, but who is that behind you? Could it be...
It's John! Helping with the tent! It's messing with my head. This is NOT how I remember those trips. Oh well, I guess we were wrong. It wasn't just us doing all of the work after all. Thanks John! For the help and for all the years of putting up with the teasing. Sorry for misrepresenting you. AND Happy Birthday!
Love,
Wife #2
3 comments:
Careful!! I think there may be wild animals in the bushes waiting to attack after dark.
I know! I think they must be bears who are attracted to the smell of cigarette smoke.
He did help for a few minutes, then got distracted by something shiny and I had to finish.
Post a Comment