I typically have Fridays off from work (though not as much lately) and use my time to run some extra errands, have a little time to myself, volunteer at the kids' school; and sometimes all three in the same day. Tomorrow is, frankly, not looking good at all until about 10 p.m. So...here are 13 items on my "day off" to-do list.
Take kids to school (never gets any easier no matter how many years I've done it)OR blow out tire en route to school, get help but still fail at getting flat tire off of car, get a ride home from the nice man who stopped to help. (He totally supports my "Individuals may not be so great at times, but humanity is still basically good" theory.)Elisa's Parent/Teacher conference-what are my expectations and goals for my 4 year-old? To share more, cry less, and enjoy being 4 years-old pretty much. Will I sound like an ignorant parent for sharing that? I had loftier goals for her oldest sibling, but I'm over that now. At least for a 4 year-old.OR Cancel Parent/Teacher conference due to blown tire which has stranded us at home.Drive to OKC to work, pick up forgotten raffle ticket money and promptly drive right back to Norman (possibly the worst thing about tomorrow). I BEGGED Dave to do it on his lunch hour, but he hemmed and hawed so much about how badly he DIDN'T want to do it that I'm going to-if I could follow that up by going to Penn Square Mall, I wouldn't mind so much but instead I have to do this...(Edited to add that Dave has totally redeemed himself by saying he will do this in his lunch hour after all.) Edited YET AGAIN to add: Which is good since I'm stuck here anyway.Work at the School Store. Actually, I LIKE doing this, but I will only have help in there for an hour or so. Then, I'm on my own until it closes. After driving to and from OKC which I have to do because after I...Or not, SEE ABOVE- Pick up all the kids from school (this one's not so bad)?? IF we ever get the car fixed. Then we...
- Drive straight home to gather Natalie's sleeping bag and overnight stuff (OR she can just pack right now since she's stuck here) so that we can...
- Drive back to the school to drop her off for a sleep over on the way (Dad's car will be home by then, so she won't miss that at least) and then...
- Attend PTA Movie Night at the school at which time the raffle prizes are being drawn which means all money and tickets have to be turned in by then (Should still be able to complete the remainder of the list-even if I have to borrow one of my Dad's junk cars from his driveway. Neighbors will be thrilled to see one gone, anyway.)
- Either work the PTA concession stand while my kids run wild and unsupervised or watch my kids and try to keep them from running wild and unsupervised (not an easy habit to break because for years they did this while I ran the PTA and their Dad just let them go crazy while I cringed at every glimpse I got of them).
I'm not much looking forward to either option. (Will be absolutely thrilled to be there if it means I have a car at my disposal) BUT it's all good because when it's over I will... - Send the kids home with their Dad
- Meet up with friends of both the YW and the RS persuasion
- Spend some quality girl time with them and then...
- Get home AFTER all the kids are asleep
2 comments:
Wow. What a day.
Lets see if I can compete:
1. Awake at 5:45 and spend 15 minutes screwing with TIVO...it won't transfer shows to computer fast enough.
2. Realize I have no time to eat so I grab granola bar to eat on the road.
2a. Out the door at 6:13am.
3. Arrive at jobsite at 7am like usual.
4. Sit in office until 7:30 like usual.
5. Walk jobsite to "make appearance"
6. Return to office to read newspaper.
7. One more walk-thru.
8. Back on road at 9am, on the way home.
9. Home at 10am, with butt firmly planted on couch.
10. Collect 8 hours pay.
Yeah, pretty similar to your day so far. Hopefully both of our days will improve.
Well at least it wasn't a dull day!
Post a Comment