Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Stepping Into Christmas

So...when I picture all my "free time" over Christmas break, I envision baking, cleaning, and last-minute gift wrapping with endless time on the side for blogging and witty comments on Twitter. The reality is that Dave's sister is in town (a rarity), there are still errands to run and supplies to buy before I can even THINK about starting to bake, ALL the gifts I bought are now in the "last minute" wrapping line, AND I could start cleaning now and not make a significant dent in the condition of this house by Christmas morning (you can thank the kids being home all day for that one). Not to mention, two out of the four still have the nasty cold that started around here last Thursday. And will all of that going on, I think it is time for me to take a bit of a hiatus at least until after Christmas Day or until I just HAVE to write about something. Whatever comes first...SO, Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and all those other good wishes from my family to yours!

(And you will probably still see me on Twitter)

3 comments:

Shonda Little said...

We made it to OKC to visit my husband's dad and I went to Crossroads Mall. Seriously, no one was there. The Dillard's closing was nothing short of depressing. They even had a sign up that said, "Make Offer on Fixtures."

Yeah, this Christmas shit is never ending. I need to take up crack or something. Sleep is the enemy at this point.

Lammy said...

Merry Christmas!
I'm mostly a lurker these days ... no time to post.
Still love your writings.
Hope 2009 brings you Joy and Happiness.

Melessa Gregg said...

Shonda-I live about 15 minutes from Crossroads, but I haven't been in a couple of years. It sounds pretty sad. I hope you made it through your Christmas, by some miracle we made it through ours.

Lammy-Thank you! I wish the same to you and your family!