As I fought through traffic on I-35 S. last Thursday just to come home from a Wal-Mart run, I realized that OU/Texas was upon us. I usually get just as excited as the next Sooner fan for this weekend, but this year I'm just not feeling it. It's not the team, it's me. I'm as tired of pulling in quotes in from movies and TV as you all must be of reading them, but if you will indulge me one last time, I think the way I feel about life in general was best summed up by Miranda Bailey during her cameo on last week's Private Practice when she said:
“I don’t sleep much anymore because I lie awake at night and wonder where all the joy is. During the day I realize that the joy packed its bags and left. The glasses of the world are half-empty.”
If I could say it better, I would. But this pretty much sums it up. However, that doesn't mean that my ambivilance about everything going on in the world right now (today's game included) should bring everyone down-so I thought I would link to another football blog post that did make me smile a few weeks ago. Here, my friend Christy describes one of the few reasons she might ever root for Texas. (Go read it, seriously. It's short and it will make you smile. And when is the last time anyone has been able to say that about this blog?)
2 comments:
I did enjoy watching the game today--even though we lost.
I'd never cheered for Florida State before this year, either, but I was glad they took down BYU a notch or two.
Lady, you need a full night's sleep and some Mexican food (chimichangas always work for me). You sound exhausted, and rightfully so. You also sound frustrated, which is no big surprise. You sound exactly the way I feel. We need that getaway trip we were planning. Let me know little lion cub is sleeping through the night, and we'll sneak away and meet up somewhere for a few days.
On a totally unrelated note, I watched the video of your kids plugging Haunt the Harn, and my first thought was "how hilarious is it that your five-year-old is dressed as Marie Antoinette? PRETTY DAMN HILARIOUS!" Love it. And all of the kids look adorable, of course. And Tristan was just as much of a ham as I expected - Shule would have done exactly the same thing.
Post a Comment