Friday, October 02, 2009

Thursday Thirteen: Confessions

I remember when I used to post my TT lists at midnight on Wednesday. Technically, this isn't even going up on a Thursday. But, I'm posting it anyway because I've been writing it and re-writing in my head all day and I'm determined to see it in print, or at least on-screen.

Sometimes I get a kick out of telling readers more than they need to know about myself here on this blog, but lately I've been keeping all kinds of secrets. They say confession is good for the soul...and my soul could use some good.

So...13 truths about my life right now:

  1. The first two weeks of school, I dropped the kids off, drove home, and went straight back to bed where I would alternately nap and nurse the baby (and change diapers) until it was time to get up and pick everyone up again. The second week of school, Caroline needed to come home. I was so out of it that I didn't answer my phone and my younger sister (who lives 5 minutes away as opposed to my 10-15) was called instead. She called me and I still had to send her to the school because I was so groggy I knew I wouldn't be able to pull myself together in less than 30 minutes. Just a reminder that I was exclusively nursing a 3 week-old baby lest you think me too irresponsible. But definitely not one of my finer moments.
  2. Even though I gave up napping during the school day a few weeks ago, Alexis and I napped again this morning. What can I say? We were tired.
  3. I'm not finished with Season 5's DVD's yet, but I'm totally watching Season 6 West Wing episodes as they air on Bravo each morning. When I'm not napping that is...
  4. She's just barely 2 months old and I've already done the 'stick the baby in the swing so I can take a shower' trick. I thought I wanted to spend every last one of her waking moments with her, but sometimes I also want to wash spit-up out of my hair and smell nice.
  5. After watching the West Wing episode where CJ becomes Chief of Staff with my sick and home from school 11 year-old, I let her watch the Bravo-edited version of Grease which wasn't as edited as I'd hoped it would be. Even worse? I would have let her watch Grease 2 that followed it, but she declared it "stupid" and turned off the TV. (All the Grease innuendo was lost on her, just as it was on me at her age. But still...) It was funny how she didn't recognize Stockard Channing as Abbey Bartlett even though she watches West Wing with me all the time.
  6. My parents came by on Monday to give my kids their Jog-A-Thon money. Mom also gave me a bunch of cash "to buy the kids' some snacks." I had a pantry full of good kid snacks already, so I hit the clearance racks at Old Navy instead.
  7. I forgot to buy dog food at the grocery store earlier this evening, but told Dave that I did and that it's in the car. I'm going to have to go back to the store as soon as I drop the kids off so my poor dog doesn't starve tomorrow.
  8. There is no medical reason that I'm not exercising and rejoining Weight Watchers. I've had clearance from Dr. P to do both for almost a month. I just don't feel like doing more than going on walks with the kids nor am I in the mood to count points when nursing makes me so hungry. My weight hasn't dropped in about 3 weeks, so it IS time. I just don't wanna. I like to eat. There, I said it.
  9. I didn't listen to the OU/Tulsa game on the radio a few weeks ago. But I told my grandma that I did to avoid a 'discussion' about my level of committment to the Sooners.
  10. Sometimes I don't even watch the whole game when it's televised if I have more pressing things to get done on a Saturday.
  11. I don't feel like checking my email lately. I still like blogging though. (I do too much important communication via email to ignore it entirely, but I want to.)
  12. All my 'thank you' cards are done, and sitting in the same 'to be mailed' stack I made on Sunday night.
  13. Even though I think it was pushing it to have 5, I look at sweet little Alexis and desperately want to have "just one more" baby. Which I know would be completely selfish, but it makes me very sad to think she's "the end." (I was very happy about that with child #4, so I'm not sure where this is coming from.)

1 comment:

Jennifer Chronicles (jenx67.com) said...

I totally get that - wanting one more. We'll always want one more - if you're that kind of woman - the kind that can easily stop at one. The worst part is when the new baby smell leaves all the blankets and the nursery and her and you. But, what a blessing in this time!!! And, always more adventures ahead.