Monday, November 02, 2009

1600 Posts!

I celebrated 100 and 1,000 in proper style, but my 1500th post escaped my notice completely. So, I'm stepping away from my Nano writing for just a paragraph or two to celebrate post #1600. If you are new, I apologize for all the angst around here lately, it happens sometimes. If you've been here since the beginning (and you know who you are) all I can say is "thank you." If you are here to find something to hold against me, you've hit the jackpot because I am who I am on this blog. It's acceptable to God, so I apologize if it's not acceptable to you. And having said "sorry," I will just keep on being who I am with or without your approval. One of the most blissful things about getting close to 40 is that my personal filter is thinning just enough to let me be myself in almost every situation and still strong enough to keep me from going over the top with that.

For example, while shopping with my daughter on Saturday, I dragged her to The Children's Place where I can still buy matching outfits for all my children (oh how they love it!). We were looking at holiday dresses when a very snotty sales lady 'reminded' us that only one certain wall was the sale wall. (We were looking at the non-sale wall.) This may have been because they were getting a lot of customers (of the "I can't read" variety) complaining when some items rang up full price. But she was full of attitude when she said it. I smiled and said "do we look cheap to you?" in a very pleasant voice. Because HELLO you work at The Children's Place, not Saks 5th Avenue for crying out loud. Then she left us alone to enjoy our looking because no way was I buying a dress full-price when Children's Place almost always has an online coupon. ;) (I actually AM cheap when it comes to buying kids' clothes, I just don't need some 20 year-old college gal to rub my nose in it on a Saturday morning.)

And speaking of the weekend, it was ultimately good to me. I've finally vented enough and slept enough that I think I'm pretty much over my latest life hurdle as far as the church and the people in it who disappoint me are concerned. I still doubt Natalie will be going to Girls' Camp, but that's because she doesn't want to-who knew the kid wanted to go with Mom? Especially since she said that she didn't. I'm not going to take down or take back anything I've said previously, because it was hurtful and I did need to get it out. However, I'm no longer going to dwell on it. I said a few posts ago that not since I was baptized have I been deliberately mean to someone to "teach them a lesson." And that is true. But only because I had already learned the hard way that you pay a high price when you do something like that. I never want to learn that lesson again. I know the church does not teach karma, but I have seen the 'what comes around goes around' principle at work in the lives of just about everyone I've ever met regardless of their beliefs. So, I'm just going to let this go and let God deal with it instead. He knows the whole story much better than I do anyway.

And with that, my time is up! I've got a baby to nurse, dinner to make, and a Norman Children's Choir concert to attend tonight. Not to mention 1700 words or so to add to my novel in progress. So, Happy 1600! You all keep reading, and I'll keep writing! Actually, I'll keep writing anyway but it sure is nice to have an audience. Thank you.

No comments: