I am excited to see some signs of life in my Comment section again and want to keep that momentum. Sadly, I'm lacking in inspiration and time. Then I remembered a blog that my friend Tracy links to called One Minute Writer. Today's topic is the month of December and my plan to make December 2009 what I want it to be. I have one minute to write about this and fortunately my iPhone came with a stopwatch app. So here goes:
"I don't know what my sister and I were thinking having babies in December. My plan for this one is to make sure my oldest daughter has a good birthday and that I don't go broke buying gifts, but don't turn Christmas into a big cheap disappointment either. I'm glad I saved some $$ for this."
That was fun. I may have to try that again sometime. If you would like to play along, I linked to the One Minute Writer in the preceding paragraph. Or you can just tell me what your plans are in the Comment section. Have I mentioned it's good to see those again?
5 comments:
My plan to make December what I want it to be is to have fewer expectations. For instance, I have 5 or 6 bins of Christmas decorations. If I get three of those placed around my house, I'll be happy. Why stress about getting it ALL up? Nothing says I have to.
Cool exercise, the one-minute writer.
Time starts....NOW!
My plan for December is to spend as much time with family as possible. We will be moving away soon to a far away land not close to any family. Forget the presents and all of that nonsense Christmas fluff - Christmas to me (besides the obvious "Christ") is about spending time with family and making memories together.
(Oops...I think I went over)
Not usually a commenter, but a regular reader, so keep it coming!
; )
clink
I too have been thinking about how to lower expectations. Not necessarily of others but of myself. And to let stuff go when I can't do something.
Having babies in December is the very best time at all! You get the tax deduction for the whole year, what could be better than that? Both of my children were born in December (originally due in January, but came early) and it makes for a great month full of celebrations.
Post a Comment