Thursday, March 11, 2010

How I've Spent My Blogger Vacation

I didn't mean to go so long between posts, so I thought I would share some of the "fun" activities currently preventing me from blogging:


  • Church and community service-At the moment, I am Norman Rainbow's Mother Advisor and 1st Counselor in the Primary Presidency. Norman Lodge just hosted an official visit and Natalie's initiation was part of that. There were also a few planning meetings in there too.
  • 3D Movies: Also part of the Norman Lodge festivities was a night at The Warren seeing Alice in Wonderland in 3D. I've never seen a 3D movie before and I loved it (both the movie and the experience).
  • Being offline. Our Internet is a line-of-sight account on campus. We've had paperless billing with them for so long that I no longer remember their company name or phone number. When the service goes out, I just have to wait for them to fix it since I can't call and complain. I fear the day they go out of business and don't tell me because I likely won't know it's happened for a week or so. On the plus side, I got to bed much earlier last night and accomplished much more this morning before Dave texted me to ask if it was up and running again and it was. For someone as Internet-addicted as I am, it turns out I didn't miss it all that much. Not that I'm crazy enough to cancel it anytime soon. And that's good since I don't know who to call anyway. ;) 
  • Apparently, Dave knows who to call. He is reading this over my shoulder and told me that. I suppose I should ask him. But I very much enjoyed telling the kids truthfully yesterday that it was broken and I didn't know who to call about it. They did their homework and played games. It was awesome!
  • Introducing Alexis to solids. She likes them well-enough, but she takes about 30 minutes to consume one small dish of baby food and does this as messily as possible.
  • Dealing with endless calls and emails from Tristan's teacher. Apparently, he wants her to really earn her spring break this year and he wants to be grounded for all of his. I will likely be posting at length about this if I get some time. I left the school in tears today and so did Tristan. Sigh.
  • Trying to get Alexis to sleep in her crib all night. Solid foods are going MUCH better. Yawn.
  • Taking kids to the dentist. Hard, un-flouridated water has NOT been kind to our teeth, the kids' teeth in particular. Also, Caroline's thumb-sucking habit turned out to be just as bad on her teeth as all the naysayers warned me it would be when she was a baby. So not only do I have to pay for the dental work, I get to listen to some rather annoying "I told you so's." We all know how much I LUV that.
  • Trying, failing, and trying again to get the house clean so that we can get the roof replaced. We are finally giving up on being 100% ready before we start getting the estimates because this project needs to get started ASAP. If it doesn't rain this weekend, Dave and I are tackling the garage, yard, and sheds (Yes, that's a purposeful plural. The house came with two.) It's almost enough to make me pray for rain. But then that's no good on our leaky roof.
  • Trying to implement some 'greener' lifestyle habits. I've already written about the clotheslines and cloth diapers and today I unearthed our recycling bin in the mud room. (Our service is outside city limits and doesn't qualify for the city recycling service, and I let it slide while hugely pregnant. I think I can handle taking it into town and sorting it again.)
  • Falling in love with the new Parenthood TV series. I loved the original movie so much, I had my doubts. But it's great to have Lauren Graham back on Tuesday nights AND see another couple struggling with their son-even if they are just pretending.
  • Being too annoyed/irritated to blog. Believe it or not, I'm trying to blog with a better attitude. Rather than improving the quality of my posts though, it just seems to limit their frequency. In a nutshell, I still don't like to be told what to do, to be judged by people who've never bothered to get to know me, or shopping and/or driving in traffic with idiots. Do that math and see how many times a day I get grouchy and my lack of posts makes a lot more sense.
Hopefully I'll write something better soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should try @link wifi. www.atlink.com They have several towers in the area.