There are a few women at church that I LOVE. I don't have time for a long post today, but I did have to share this hurried hallway conversation between myself and one of my favorite acquaintances in our branch:
Favorite Acquaintance (who, as a bonus, LOVES my son): How's Tristan?
Me: Well...he got in trouble at school again. He shoved a kid and called him an A-S-S.*
Favorite Acquaintance: Was the kid being an A-S-S?
Me: Probably.
Favorite Acquaintance: Then, GO Tristan!
*Yes, Tristan got in big trouble at home for that. Just because I understand why he did it doesn't mean it's OK for him to act like that. I also made him apologize. But it's still nice to have a friend at church who sees both sides of it too and is clearly in Tristan's corner. As I've said before, it's really only a handful of church people who annoy me-it's just a very vocal handful.*
3 comments:
Would you think any less of me if I confessed to looking at the internet on my phone on the back row of Relief Society with another lady or ladies? May or may not have happened. With the stake presidency giving the lesson on Adam and Eve.
I may or may not have checked Facebook from the RS back row many times. Now that I'm in Primary, though, I can't. The kids would totally bust me.
I secretly envy church members that aren't afraid to use Tier 1 cuss words (that would be all cuss words that are found in the Bible - my brother-in-law has a system in which he has categorized cuss words into "tiers"....don't ask). Would I approve of my child saying them? Nope. Tristan's punishment, no doubt, fit the crime. But when I hear an adult church member say it...I giggle to myself a little. Geez. I'm such a hypocrite.
Post a Comment