I really want to change the tone of this blog. There are lots of happy things going on in my life, and it's time to write more about those. What I really want to focus on is what a 'down the rabbit-hole' trip this return to the Lodge has been and how me and my Gen X friends are finally stepping up to the plate and, in many cases, finally providing some relief to our Baby Boomer predecessors, many of whom have been in that adult advisor role since our days in the Masonic Youth orders. This may give my posts a very limited appeal, but it's fascinating to me right now and its MY blog.
But before I can move in any new direction, I'm going on a much-needed mini sabbatical during which time (gasp) my husband will be taking care of the kids. Lest there be any misunderstanding, I am only about 30 hours away from leaving and am still not sure I can really do it. Dave, on the other hand, is threatening to carry me onto the plane and shut the door behind me. Heaven forbid he spend 48 hours taking care of his own children. ;) He knows I need a break and he's happy to let me have it. We may not know everything about having a good marriage, but we have managed to keep this one going for 13 years; so don't count us out yet. :)
And so, I wish everyone a good weekend and look forward to moving in a much more positive direction when I get home. We will also be celebrating a certain, adorable, curly-headed baby a Happy 1st Birthday next week. What can be more positive than that?! Until then, wish me safe travels or just send me some Xanax for the flight. Either/or would be great, thanks!
No comments:
Post a Comment