Reading-
Percy Jackson & The Olympians: The Titan's Curse-
We were up late reading this last night, and finished the last two chapters today. I forgot how emotional I can get while reading a book until we hit the last few chapters of this one. Wow! At least Caroline was crying with me. While I post updates on the progress the kids and I make together on the books, I have read ahead through the entire series now. Supposedly, this is to keep me from getting so caught up in the books that I don't read them clearly. But, it didn't work for parts of Book 3, and I will be in BIG trouble by the time we finish Book 5. I was just proud of myself for not crying on the plane while I read it on Monday's flight home.
Watching-
19 Kids and Counting-
The new season debuted last week. My friends don't get my fascination, but I think I just like to have someone to compare myself to when someone tells me I have "too many children." Also, their debt-free lifestyle intrigues me as does the very happy marriage of Michelle and Jim Bob. People mock them, I may have been guilty of it myself, but you have to admit; it really works for them. I am very relieved that Baby Josie will finally be going home and I really like that they let Jana and John David go on a mission trip by themselves. They are about the age that I was when I went on MY mission and I can't think of a better way to have transitioned myself from student to real-world adult. I had a very nice get-together with some old friends a few weeks ago. They are no longer practicing members of my church (how we originally met), but I was pleasantly surprised to hear that in spite of everything; they are both glad they served missions. And you know, regardless of how frustrated I get with people at church here and there, I feel the same way. I think serving my mission was, independent of any religious motive, one of the single best decisions I ever made as a young adult.
At the Movies-
Clash of the Titans-
I had no desire to ever see this without having to use 3D glasses, so of course Dave bought it on Blu-ray. I have to say, the alternate ending actually made sense. So naturally that didn't use that one. Dave has a friend who wants to borrow this. I hope we never see it again.
Out and About-
From Sketch to Screen at the OKC Museum of Art-
This was such a neat exhibit! My friends and I met for lunch and a museum visit yesterday afternoon. It was lovely and definitely worth the time and money (though it was free for those who had Bank of America cards, which sadly I did not.) It's only here through August 15th, so it's now or never if you had any intention of seeing it before it moves on to its next destination. Oh, and the caprese salad at the Museum Cafe? It's everything I thought it would be, and I used to live in Italy; so that's saying something.
No comments:
Post a Comment