- The rule about no one playing Wii or Playstation 3 unless it's a Friday night or Saturday. This has become even more strictly enforced now that I know they play Wii at the after-school program from time-to-time. Although the after-school program does make sure they do their homework first.
- The strictly enforced 30 minute time limit on the computer unless they are doing verifiable homework assignments. This rule wasn't nearly as taxing when our home Internet was down, but now that we have it again...boy do they dislike that oven timer.
- The rule about cereal being a BREAKFAST FOOD ONLY.
- The rule that lets mom have some TV time too.
- The rule about everyone having a day where they set the table and a day to clear the table.
- The rule about everyone, not just mom and dad, feeding and brushing the pets. (Since Dave and I are the only ones that drive, we do cover the vet visits.)
- The phrase "You get what you get and you don't throw a fit."
- The rule that Mom doesn't move the car until everyone buckles their seat belt, even if it *gasp* makes us late for something.
- The disclaimer that if you did not put your clothes out the night before, Mom can pick out anything she wants for you to wear the following morning. And that if you did not prepare your backpack, permission slips, your lunch box, or find your shoes; that's not my problem before we leave for school the next morning either.
- Dad and Mom's statements that they did not mess the house up on her own, and they aren't cleaning it by themselves either followed by the rule that no one with a messy room gets to invite someone over for a visit/sleepover.
- The words "I don't care who started it! Now EVERYONE has a time-out!"
- The rule about no one reading ahead in a book we are reading as a family. (I downloaded the last Percy Jackson book straight to my iPhone to ensure that didn't happen.)
- The phrase "What do you mean YOUR house?! Dad and I bought this house. We just let you live in it."
Wednesday, September 29, 2010
Thursday Thirteen
I couldn't get the kids to go to stop arguing tonight, so I sent everyone to bed early. This made me extremely unpopular with the 12 and under set in this house. Lacking for any other good topics tonight, here are thirteen other things that make me extremely unpopular around this house:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
The whole no cereal as an evening snack while I'm in the middle of doing pointless nothing on the internet for several hours would break me. I wouldn't mind a time out, though. You started it. :)
Maggie-
I never thought I would be a mom who cared about the cereal thing, but when you have 5 kids and you need to make sure there is something on the table for breakfast in the morning; it is frustrating to find no cereal in the pantry and empty boxes on the couch. And that's how we turn into our mothers. ;)
Wendy and Jeff Fugate - I love #13! I have already begun arguing with my oldest about how it is not "his" room. For #10, I tell the kids that we are the family that play and make messes together, so we are the family that cleans together. This makes Daddy get off his duff too because he is family and I am tired of them arguing that he doesn't help.Sep 30
Melessa Gregg - I have to admit that Daddy has really stepped up since I went to work when it comes to helping and making sure that the kids help too.Edit9:31 am
Good for you for holding your ground! Kids need boundaries, and even though they might groan, secretly they are glad that you care enough to give them boundaries. Makes them feel secure.
Post a Comment