Reading
Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Last Olympian by Rick Riordan
Midway through the book and I am already getting choked up and teary-eyed while reading to the kids, much to the chagrin of my almost-teen daughter. Oh well, when they start talking about the youth-as-heroes, Mama's going to cry. Especially since I already know how it ends. But the kids are loving it. We try and have a 'no TV on Sunday rule' here, and when there's lots of Percy Jackson to read; we usually get away with it. I'm toying with reading The Hobbit with them next or maybe the Chronicles of Narnia even though I know that my older two have read them dozens of times already. On an unrelated topic, how cool is it to have a job where you can order the boxed set of Little House on the Prairie books because you genuinely need them for work purposes. Pretty cool indeed.
Watching
The Big Bang Theory
If there's anything I missed the first time in Season 3, I think I've seen it now. Also, what in the world are the writer's going to do about Kaley Cuoco's broken legs? I'm curious to see how it plays out this season. And finally, the kids and I have some hypotheses about what Amy Farrah Fowler does for a living since Sheldon would have already known her if she were a scientist of any note whatsoever. My bet is on Library Science even though I simultaneously bristle at the stereotype. Natalie went with English teacher, but I think she's been written as too matter-of-fact for that. Tristan said he didn't care as long as the show was coming back next week. And regardless of whether any of us are right, we can't wait for Thursday!! (And thanks to DVR, I'll still get my Grey's on too.)
Parenthood-
I'm glad the show is back, I'm kind of bummed about the Jasmine character spending the season in transit. I was actually a little bit underwhelmed by the first episode, but I adore this show and have faith it will get better.
19 Kids and Counting-
I'm glad the baby is home and healthy. That's pretty much what I got from watching two weeks' worth of episodes.
OU v. Air Force
Technically, I listened to this while driving to and from OKC. But...seriously Sooners? You're starting to scare me.
Extracurricular Activities
Bridal Shower
I skipped a precious OU game viewing because one of my former co-workers is getting married. It was like a mini-reunion for co-workers. Since it was a couples' shower, I got to see their spouses too. I had a great time getting caught up on what everyone is doing and how one of them is now expecting her first baby. (Squee!) Since Natalie was my date, I'm glad we didn't play some cheesy version of 'The Newlywed Game,' though one co-worker's wife aptly noted that Natalie would likely outscore Dave at such a competition. Alas, I think she was right. At any rate, a great time was had by all and I'm so excited for the wedding in a few weeks. (Squee again!)
This week was slow, next week is very full and should make for much better blog fodder. Provided I actually have time to write about any of it.
1 comment:
I'm always looking for shows to watch for a bit of home when I need to unwind. I've seen The Big Bang Theory here and there, but now I'm thinking I should start at the start and watch it through now that you've got it on my mind.
Post a Comment