When weather closes schools (which also closes the museum), I usually find myself cleaning/reorganizing something in the house to pass the time. Today it was my closet and the pantry. While I was working on these things, I did what I usually do which is to compose blog posts so I have something to write about later on when I sit down at my desk. This is what I came up with today:
If you want to know who genuinely loves you, screw up and make them mad. (I'm not saying you should do this on purpose, because believe me-it will happen anyway.) Once the dust settles, see if they come back around once everyone has cooled off a bit. The ones that were just faking it will scatter without a backward glance. The ones who are in it for the long haul will find a way to work things out with you. Or such has been my experience. In other words, there are those who talk the talk and those who walk the walk. I'm grateful to have so many 'walkers' in my life, because goodness knows I'm not perfect. And, as a busy working mom of 5, I'm glad to be rid of the 'talkers' when they go because I only have so many minutes in my day and I'd hate to waste them on people who don't deserve them.
Of course, if you're stalker, there's a whole different set of rules. But THAT is a whole 'nother blog post. ;)
5 comments:
Stalking? who has time for that? :-) I wondered what you were up to when I realized that schools were closed today. Organizing is good. Letting the dust settle is good. It takes time but when Love is there it's like maybe 2 days ago the last time you talked to someone. Keep warm and be safe. :-)
Well, it's been a good few years since anyone sat at the front door pounding on it for house begging me "to just open the door and touch my hand," and I have to say that I don't miss it. ;) And since it was your house, I'll bet you don't miss it either. We are not old, but we do like our beauty sleep a bit more now than we did then. :)
I might be available to stalk you, but we need to coordinate our calendars since I am pretty busy right now...let me know what days are preferable and I will see if I can fit you in.
My stupid RSS feed just now delivered the last couple weeks of posts to my inbox. I came over to see if anonymous was stalking you and yes, there it is. lol
Yep! Of course. Could you let my stalker know that Mondays and Tuesdays are bad nights for stalking. Maybe we should just stick with those Saturdays that we both, uh I mean, I have season tickets at the Civic Center.
Post a Comment