- My oldest daughter's first "it's not a date, Mom" date. With the son of one of my old friends. He, his wife, and I about died from the cuteness. Not in attendance was my husband because Elisa and Caroline were sickly, this was kind of disappointing because a youth Valentine's fundraiser dance was the closest thing we were going to have to a date this month.
- To remedy that and our lack of any kind of special anniversary celebration in the last few years, we got tickets with some of our friends to a show in Tulsa the first weekend in April. Can anyone in Tulsa recommend a nice hotel? (The Inn at Price Towers is already booked and that was my only good idea.)
- Lunch with the girls on Saturday plus bonus baby shower shopping-we still can't behave ourselves in public, and I like it that way. We may or may not have thought about picking out personal hygiene products as door prizes for the shower. We may or may not have made plans that involved the rationing of food and drink at the shower. Maybe. But we did buy 3 lbs. of Lil Smokies and a bottle of Head Country BBQ sauce without any inappropriate jokes whatsoever. So maybe we're growing up just a little. Probably not.
- A Fast and Testimony meeting at church with lots of lovely testimonies including my own this morning and a nice Sunday nap. Of course, I woke up feeling like I might be getting whatever the girls' have had. But I'm not looking a gift weekend in the mouth.
Here's to next week!
5 comments:
I was looking at some of the boutique hotels like the Ambassador, Mayo, or the one in the Atlas Life building...I think its a Courtyard by Marriot.
Those are the ones we are looking at too. There are also a couple of B&B's that look promising, but I'm trying to decide if they are worth the trade-off of being walking distance from the PAC. I have some readers from the Tulsa area, and wondered if they knew something I didn't from my Internet searches. I should probably ask my cousins who live there too. And I am wondering about the Hard Rock Casino as well.
I hope you DON'T end up being sick!
Thanks Nancy! I actually did spend most of today in bed, but my nice husband took sick leave from work too so that I didn't have to be sick and chase our 18 month-old.
Hi. The Ambassador and The Mayo are both lovely hotels. The new Courtyard by Marriott in the Atlas Life Building has floor with historic rooms. McBirney Mansion is a lovely B&B, as well as The Inn at Woodward Park. I would pick the Mayo, if it were me!
Post a Comment