Monday, March 07, 2011

I Hope Tomorrow is Rainy

There is a funny series of scenes in the first season of Gilmore Girls where Lorelai realizes that every nice outfit she owns is either dirty or locked up at the dry cleaners on Rory’s first morning at Chilton. To cover, she wears a nice trench coat over a t-shirt, a pair of Daisy Dukes, and some dress boots. (And, of course, her mother outed her in front of the principal. Not unlike something my own mother would do, come to think of it.)
As the museum’s new Interim Director, I have my first Executive Committee meeting tomorrow as well as some important community group meetings on Wednesday and Thursday. As a mom of 5, I own nothing that would be locked up at the dry cleaners; but all my dress outfits are in the dirty clothes pile.
This means I have to be up by 6 a.m. starting the laundry so that an acceptable outfit will be ready when I leave for work at 8. Unfortunately, I’ve developed quite a talent for hitting the snooze button in my sleep. I will be moving my alarm out of arm’s reach. And I also have my very nice trench coat hanging right by the front door. *Just in case.* (And I won't have my mom at any of the meetings, that will help too.)

No comments: