My oldest just left to spend Spring Break with one of her best friends. Even though I have written here at length about summers in Canadian, TX with Lanie, Tucson with Anne, or even working as a seasonal nanny for my Uncle Bob in Seattle; it was hard to let her go. I know she will have a great time and I absolutely trust the family she went with, but I am really going to miss her. :(
On the plus side, waiting for her to get back on Friday may make this the longest Spring Break ever. And since they usually go by way too fast, maybe I won't feel short-changed by the end of the week?
(Psst...Lanie-She isn't going to Canadian, but she IS going to a small town in Texas. Again, like mother/like daughter. I forgot to buy her some blue face mask or send any musical DVD's, but I hope she likes lime ices, and I'm sad she won't get any Ma Beasley's doughnuts or Mrs. Walsey's butter pecan cakes...good times, my friend. Good times!)
No comments:
Post a Comment