Sunday, March 20, 2011

Week In Review

Reading

Have I read anything this week aside from work emails and grant applications? I'm thinking no. Unfortunately.

Watching

19 Kids and Counting

Can I tell you how happy I was to see Michelle Duggar's big ol' laundry pile?! It's nice to know her house isn't always spotless. I don't remember too many of the details of the episode (except, of course, for what Anna & Josh are having), but I was SO HAPPY to know I'm not the only woman with a huge pile of clothes on her laundry room floor.

Mr. Sunshine

As if I couldn't love it more, they gave James Taylor a cameo! I love this show way too much for it to last more than a season or two.

At the Movies

Just Go with It

I finally got to have a movie night with Deborah! We hadn't done that since she left for Germany even though she's been back in the Sooner State since December. We've managed phone calls and shopping, but we brought 'dinner and a movie' night back last Friday in Bricktown. We loved this movie, though I think it was a little on the long side. It's not going to win any Oscars, but it was a lot of fun to watch. Also, every time I see a movie with the lovely Jennifer Aniston, I want to punch Brad Pitt in his beautiful, 'takes himself too seriously' face. I hope she really is happy. And I'm kind of sorry that he is. Because that's the kind of gal I am.

Out and About

Relief Society Birthday Dinner

See? Sometimes I'm social at church. I could have lived without the tongue-lashing over me traveling and leaving my "poor husband at home with all those little kids." But it still managed to be a fun evening. Especially since one of my favorite 'partners in crime' actually showed up too. (You know who you are...)

Bolero's

Before the movie, we had some lovely tapas at this little place close to the Harkins theatre. The food was good and the proximity to the theatre and its view of Bricktown were enjoyable too.

District 1 Exemplification/Reception

The days of one car to get there and one hotel room to house all of Norman Assembly are over! As I joked with one of the other Mother Advisor's: My prayer used to be "Dear Lord, we need more girls." And now it is "Dear LORD, what am I going to do with all these girls?!" Natalie made it home safe and sound and in time to come with us. I also had wonderful help in the form of Wendy's mom who used to be Assistant Mother Advisor when I was in Rainbow. But when I compare this year's Tulsa visit with 5 girls to last year's visit with just two, I definitely feel how the game has changed. But I do think it's been for the better and I do feel that taking on the M.A. position was the right decision. Also, will I ever NOT cry when we sing that one song at the end of each meeting? (Probably not.)

And with all this craziness, maybe it's best that Spring Break is over so I can get back into the regular routine of school. Who knew I would EVER say that?

No comments: