- The kids did two shows. During the first one, I was front and center and VERY proud. I can't believe how much Natalie has changed since we discovered Sooner Theatre classes back in the 4th grade. I got very emotional seeing how quickly all my children were growing. The summer I brought Elisa home from the hospital was the longest of my life with a newborn, a 2 year-old, a 4 year-old, and a 6 year-old. I thought nothing would EVER get easier and that time went SO. VERY. SLOWLY. Now I can't make it stop, and I wish I could.
- The second show I watched from the balcony while simultaneously texting the event staff through a crisis at work (or so they thought) and chaperoning Tristan and Caroline's class between their performance and the Finale. I was so busy with what I was supposed to be doing up there, that on the rare moments I did get to look down onto the stage; everything seemed so far. In some ways, I could see much more of the show, but it was so distant. And I wondered if that is what it's like for people who watch things happening from heaven. I thought about Dave's mother and Aunt Marguerite and how much I wish they could have really known my children and that my children knew them. And then I would get another pointless text from the event staff...
- Why yes, I was quite the ray of sunshine last weekend. Thanks for noticing.
- In addition to the show, Natalie had the chance to sing for several of my old friends and one of my honorary "dads" at a fundraiser last night. Their proud faces may not completely make up for the ones who are missing out on her life, but they definitely help.
- The lady who booted Tristan out of her pre-school called to reserve a field trip at work today. She's come with her classes before when I worked as a part-time assistant and we've always been polite with one another. But honestly? I kind of enjoyed giving her my name and telling her I was the "Interim Director" now.
- Truth be told, her students always behave perfectly, she is very professional, and I really am looking forward to their visit later this summer. It will make up for all the other crazy groups already scheduled.
- On a related note, since when did I become too mature to enjoy a good gloat?
- Not today because I really was grinning in a big way when I returned her call and gave her my job title.
- Also, I had her leave a message while I was eating lunch instead of taking her call immediately.
- So maybe I'm not completely grown up yet.
- Thank goodness.
Thursday, April 21, 2011
It May Be Time to Blog When...
you aren't 100% sure what your login info is anymore. Fortunately, I figured it out. It was a busy couple of weeks around here. Not only are we in the middle of our busiest season at work, the kids just completed this year's Sooner Showcase with all of the accompanying rehearsals/drama leading up to it last weekend. I wish I could write a long series of posts detailing all the highs and lows, but a list will have to do with fingers crossed that I will have time to do better over the weekend. But obviously, no promises...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment