Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Truthful Tuesday

I've written about the woes with my son here many times. So I want to celebrate this particular triumph. After years of struggling to find his niche, I spent most of the first two shows last weekend literally in proud tears to see that he has finally found something he loves with teachers he respects and friends who appreciate him for exactly who he is. As lovely as my daughters were last weekend and as well as they did on stage, this year's show was all about this boy and I am so very proud of him.

Through the years, I've pretty much divided the world into two types of people: Those who "get" my son and those who don't. I treasure the former and, frankly, don't think much of the latter. I am sure that we are not done with challenges-the thought of him starting middle school in the fall terrifies me. But for now, I'm going to bask in the glow of this most recent performance and dwell on the words the director left him with on the last day: "Tristan, I can't wait to see what you're going to do with the rest of your life!"

Neither can I.


(To give credit, one of the other awesome CCOC mom's took this picture. Not me. She's one of the ones who gets my kid-as this picture demonstrates)

2 comments:

kate said...

I'm so glad to read this! After your last post I was thinking that it was so great that Tristan has found a place to shine.

Melessa Gregg said...

Thanks Kate. :)