Friday, July 29, 2011

Vacationing

So, it turns out that the latter prediction proved true. We are having too much fun for me to sit down and write about it. Highlights include: Pike's Market (twice so far!), the EMP, all of the fresh oysters, crab, salmon, and shrimp I can eat (sorry Chris-I know none of that is your favorite), taking the girls to "a fancy lunch" at Columbia Tower, sleeping "in" until 8:00 am which is really 10 am Oklahoma time, and lots of time with some of my favorite people.

And, for those of you who have followed this blog with good intent over the years, you will understand how touching it was to me yesterday to have my Aunt Deb call me into her room because she had "a little something" for the girls and I. The "little something"? A small pearl necklace for each of us. I didn't want to scare her by bursting into happy tears. But I really had to fight not to do it.

In many ways, it feels like this blog has come full circle.

1 comment:

Queen Bee said...

awww. How sweet.