I'm so sad that our blog host is giving up Thursday 13. I wish I had something more profound for my last list ever, but lacking creativity, I'm just going to go with my original plan of the 13 things I like about living where we do. 1. Crossing the bridge over the Canadian river on my way home. Even though I live about ten minutes from the nearest grocery store, it really feels like I'm leaving the rest of the world behind just by driving to the other side of the river. Silly, but I like it. 2. Seeing deer and cattle on the farm land behind our backyard. They are close enough to see, but not so close that the smell is a problem. (Notice I didn't mention loving the possums and raccoons, I'm done with that.) 3. Taking the one-mile walk with the kids to the end of the road so we can see the horse ranch. I would never want the responsibility of caring for a horse, but we sure like to look at them. 4. Having our own well. I whine a lot about the hard water, but it's nice to know that it's ours. 5. Still having neighbors, but being far enough apart that we all get along. 6. No more college parties that spill over into my driveway and on my front lawn. ('nuff said) 7. Lots of space for the kids to play. 8. Being able to remodel without a huge City Council discussion and debate before we can get started. (Not that I have any plans to do that, it's just nice to know that it's easy to get permission here.) 9. Knowing the family that owns and operates the nearby gas station really well. We don't buy our gas there often because it's marked up, but we love to get snacks and chat over there. 10. Having a house that seems to be in the middle of nowhere, but being ten minutes from my sister's houses and 25 minutes from work thanks to its proximity to a major highway. 11. Having a right-of-way to the farm behind us where the local sheriff likes to park at lunch, dinner, and late evening. It makes me feel safe out here, even with Dave working late. 12. Having a farm right behind us that I can enjoy without having to tend at all. 13. Being able to light bonfires and fire crackers without having to worry about those pesky city ordinances. Thanks to Leanne for 18 weeks of fun and lists! And thanks to everyone who has stopped by and visited me! |
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
9 comments:
Thursday Thirteen has come to an end.
I have enjoyed my visits here and consider us friends.
Thank you for sharing your thirteens with me.
The comments you left me filled me with glee.
It is hard to believe it is really true.
I am trying very hard to not be blue.
Happy TT'ing!
*^_^
(=':'=)
(")_ (")Š
Raggedy
Oooo - what a nice place to live! Do you have a cat? A cat would like to live there!
Happy final TT (can that be happy?)!
I'm glad you stopped by West of Mars -- you've nailed the reasons why I wish we could get a nice big chunk of land. Problem is, it's overdeveloped here and to go out into the true country, you lose the really good schools.
Guess I shall continue to be envious of you.
Feel free to stop by West of Mars again in the future -- our party's only getting started!
I love the one about the gas station. We went to a gas station like that in OK last year. "Bob's," it was called. Everyone just hung out there, and it was so friendly.
sounds like a nice place to live. Small enough yet close to big!
el-e-e-Ours is named after our itty bitty town, so I couldn't put it's name in the post. Bob's sounds good too.
txmommy-It's nice-we'll keep it. Oddly, it's 8 minutes from the stake center and 20 minutes from the small branch where we attend. Oh well...
Hey, m! I've bookmarked you now, so we can continue our conversation...
My son has a 20-minute bus ride, too. He covers the span of -- maybe -- three miles in that time. I kid you not. Lots of stops.
I'd still love to be where you are!
Susan-You're bookmarked too and our commute would be a lot shorter if it weren't for all the stoplights on the smaller highway back across the bridge. (There would also be a lot more wrecks, but that's not the point.)
We've got plenty of room here, so you're welcome to stop by if you're ever in the neighborhood.
I have hard water, too. I hate it. I live 10 miles from the nearest Wal-Mart and it is NICE.
Post a Comment