Monday, October 13, 2008

An Excerpt from this Weekend

On my cell phone:

Dave: Hello!
Me: Where are you?
Dave: About ten minutes behind you. I helped Jonathan clean up some of the football party mess. Where are you?
Me: (whispering) In the driveway. Waiting for you to get home.
Dave: Why are you whispering.
Me: There's a skunk by the garage. I'm afraid if I get out of the car it will get scared and spray us. Or the dog will bark, and that will scare him, and he'll spray the dog.
Dave: Can't you circle the driveway 'till he runs off? (We have a pull-through drive)
Me: I drove around three times, he just went closer to the house each time.
Dave: Well, the dog has learned his lesson, think he'll try anything. And as long as the skunk isn't close to the car, it's not like he's going to attack you or anything. Just tell the kids not to go looking for him.
Me: They remember the dog's encounter, NONE of us wants to go looking for him. We just want him to go away so we can go inside.
Dave: You can probably go inside anyway. I'll see what I can do when I get home.
Me: Are you SURE he won't attack us?
Dave: I'm sure.
Me: OK then, we'll tiptoe inside.

Tell me again WHY I wanted to live in the freakin' country?!
That is all.
And don't worry, no one got sprayed. Not even the stupid dog. This time. The end.

3 comments:

Crystal said...

I love the smell of skunk when it's far away. When it's close? Not so much. It burns my eyes. I'm glad you got inside unscathed.

Bonnie said...

UGH, a cocker spaniel I was had decided to play with a skunk, doing his lion kind impression... ewwww. His long ears were drenched in skunk spray. Our other dog, stood back barking. He wasn't nearly so bad. Me, at 11:30pm, making a mad dash to the grocery store in search of vinegar and tomato juice. There was a run on vinegar so I was buying tomato juice and douches. Ugh.. and just new I must smell a bit of skunk, too.

I do not like skunks! Glad y'all escaped this time.

Melessa Gregg said...

crysm-Well then, you would love the smell of our road tonight. He didn't spray us on Sat., but he was busy a little further up from us tonight.

Photobonnie-That is exactly what I pictured as I sat in my car with the motor running wishing the thing would just go away. I guess it did eventually, and sprayed somewhere tonight too. Not here, but close enough to smell a hint of it in the air.