Dear Me,
I'm sorry that after a full week you are still suffering from some kind of respiratory crud that makes your throat hurt and your head throb. I'm sorry that you can't take any meds that alleviate the symptoms because you are nursing. I'm sorry your husband is only concerned enough to be annoyed that "you aren't better YET?!" because I know getting sick was a high priority on the to-do list that any mother of 5 might have in the month of December. What with three choir concerts for three different kids, a 12th birthday, and a little thing called Christmas looming; I'm sure not being able to breathe clearly was just the added detail you were hoping for to get through this month and how dare DH not understand that?
I'm sorry that with your lack of fever and or/infection that would be treatable by antibiotics, you have absolutely no comprehension of what it is that you might actually have or how long it will ultimately last. I'm sorry you are far more worried about giving it to your 4 month-old baby than any other human you might come into contact with, and that you might just be a little more worried/paranoid about that than most people after the "small cold" your older two children had one week in 2002 turned into full-blown RSV and pneumonia for their 5 week-old baby sister resulting in a 5-day hospital stay and lifelong asthma for her. (Caroline-for those of you who know the kids)
And finally, I'm sorry that this means that you may not be able to go to the 20th anniversary Rainbow/DeMolay/Job's Daughter Christmas dance in Guthrie. You've only been looking forward to it since July, spent more money than you should have on a cute dress to wear to it, and made plans for a nice weekend getaway with your husband (and nursing baby) surrounding it.
And while I'm on the subject, I'm sorry that your dryer is still broken and that your heater can't seem to get the house above 65 degrees today. It does indeed suck to be you today and you should take it easy and rest as much as you can in between having to get up at 6 a.m. to get everyone to school, and leaving the house again at 2:15 to get everyone picked up and deposited at various after-school activities 4 out of 5 days in the school week. And people wonder why you aren't well yet?
/RANT. I feel better now. Well...relatively. ;)
3 comments:
Oh, Melessa. I am sorry you are having such fun without me. Try to take it easy. And see if you can't go to the dance anyway. 20 years is too great to miss.
Maybe I should write a letter like that to me. Maybe I'd feel better.
Let's both get over these horrible colds and stressful lives!
Tiffany-I have to admit that it was oddly therapeutic. I'm still sick, but it's not nearly as bad as it was all of last week.
Post a Comment