It seemed a little bit like phoning it in to use this picture for both of the Flickr groups I belong to this week, so let me explain myself:
"I am not very organized at all and when my house gets messy my stress level shoots through the roof.
When it's really bad, I don't feel good physically or emotionally. I certainly don't feel at home here. This week's 52 Weeks goal was to accomplish as much as possible on each day's checklist to see if it would free my time to focus more on establishing other healthy habits. I have to say that I made some truly positive steps towards getting my house in order this week which not only made me feel very good physically, but also very happy with my home emotionally which I think ties into A Sense of Place perfectly.
Because I am often too overwhelmed by everything that needs to be done around my house each day and each week to even know where to start, I found these checklists at MotivatedMoms.com and downloaded them from there for $8. They don't have to be printed up and I am hoping to eventually internalize these lists enough not to have to do that. But for now I need to make that physical checkmark each day to feel like I've accomplished something. I've been working my way through this program since last November, and it's finally starting to show in my home."

2 comments:
That list looks daunting. Is it as bad as it looks? I can't keep up with it all anymore. And my messy house makes me stressed out too.
Tiffany-It really isn't. The left column are daily chores and most of them take no time at all. (Make bed, feed pets, sweep kitchen, clean sinks/countertops, etc...) Then there are focus chores each day of the week with very little on Sat. or Sun. I should be able to come up with these kind of lists on my own, but I don't. Because I paid (albeit a small amount) for these, I feel more of an obligation to use them. And even looking around here on a holiday weekend, I can tell things are getting done on a regular basis.
Post a Comment