Over the past couple of weeks, I've been able to spend more time with some of my old friends than usual. Some of these visits have been in person, some of them by phone; all of them good times.There has been a lot of change lately, some good and some not-so-good; but the one thing that never changes is that we are there for each other. I've reflected a lot on our history in the last several days and I realize that part of my love and loyalty to these incredible woman has everything to do with the fact that I never knew what it felt like for someone to have my back until I met each of them and I hope they know that I have theirs too. I don't have the time I would like tonight to write everything that's in my heart, so I'm going to borrow from one of our other favorite people; Jim Henson.
Kermit: ...I've got a dream too. But it's about singing and dancing and making people happy. That's the kind of dream that gets better the more people you share it with. And, well, I've found a whole bunch of friends who have the same dream. And, well, it kind of makes us like a family.
Over the years, we've had a lot of dreams and a few nightmares here and there too. But we have all survived in part because we are each amazingly strong women, and in part because we have each other. Love to you all tonight! And to keep from ending on too sad a note, look what I found on YouTube!
2 comments:
You know how I like those red-heads! I'm never gonna give that song up either. It's always been one of my favorites, but I did miss the dance that goes with it.
It was great growing up with you all as my sisters since my bio-sisters had moved far, far away. I think we made ourselves a great family.
I think we did too. :) I still love Natalie's comment of a few years ago: "What does Beaker have to do with John, Mom?" Me: "They're both red heads."
Natalie: "No they aren't. John doesn't have ANY hair."
Because in her world, he never has. He'll always be a redhead to me, though.
Post a Comment