Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Proud Mom Moment

I think all families place different emphasis on certain milestones in the lives of their children. Some people are happy when little Johnny hits his first homerun or when little Suzie makes honor roll. In my family, it's all about the witty comments and comebacks. This is probably why Chris and I became such fast friends when we first met as teenagers; we had that as a shared family value.

Over the years, most of my kids have already hit that snarky milestone. In fact, we've already had to tell my son to tone it down a bit. But I don't think Natalie had ever zinged her godmother and honorary "Aunt Chris" before last weekend in Stillwater. You can only imagine our shared pride when, while Chris did her usual Natalie-teasing as we were being seated at Eskimo Joe's, Natalie looked straight down the table at her and said "Hey! Cinderella's godmother never talked to HER like that!"

That's our girl!