Reading-
The Lost Olympian by Rick Riordan
With all the crazy evenings we have here, we are not making progress nearly as quickly as we did through the Percy Jackson series this summer. But, we still really like the book and we have been told by someone who has already read it that it is the best one ever. Hopefully we will read more next week than the three chapters we managed this week.
Watching
Big Bang Theory-
I always enjoy this show, but this one had an homage to Raiders of the Lost Ark, a Wil Wheaton cameo, AND a girls night. This has potential for this season's favorite episode, but the season is still young yet. And overall I will never love ANY episode moment as much as I loved the one when Sheldon hugged Penny.
Grey's Anatomy-
It's hard to do this without posting spoilers, so...favorite scenes for the episode would have to be Cristina and Callie's hair, Alex's face just before Jackson punches him, Lexie telling Jackson "don't be stupid." And Derek and Cristina talking house fixtures.
OU. v. Texas Tech
Now that's what I'm talking about, Sooners! Let's keep that up for the rest of the season, OK?
(Glee is still sitting unwatched on the Tivo. Maybe we'll just watch it as a double-feature next week.)
Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Season 1
I finally took the suggestions of my husband, several friends, and Netflix and started watching Season One. The special effects make me cringe, but otherwise it's enjoyable so far.
At the Movies
Back to the Future
In honor of its 25th anniversary, we pulled out my trilogy boxed set and had fun watching it on Friday. I caught Huey's Lewis' cameo as an audition judge for the first time ever (and I won't admit how many times I've seen the movie previously). I'm quick like that. Natalie really liked it, though the other kids weren't as impressed. Maybe they will like #3. (I really want to skip the sequel, it confuses me.)
Hairspray
Natalie and her friends wore out my DVD of this, so thank you to Oxygen channel for airing it this week. And I guess I should thank the kids who came to work on Friday and wore me out so much that all I could do was watch movies and Buffy re-runs with my kids that night. Sometimes we just need nights like that.
Out and About-
5th Grade All-City Choir concert
I actually picked my son out of the crowd!! (Still not sure where Natalie was for that 2 years ago and I really wanted to find her.) The songs were cute, seeing people from former and current schools was fun, and so was seeing friends from church. I had 111 kids to teach at work that day, a Rainbow meeting to set up for (and get someone to sub for me during), and still made it to the show before it started. I felt a lot like Super Woman on Tuesday. It was a good thing. (But even better that the rest of my week wasn't quite as packed as usual.)
Shrek: The Musical
When I heard about this one on Broadway, I was skeptical. I liked the movies, but did we really need a musical too? The answer is a resounding YES!!! And I only wish I had the money to take all of my kids to see it. (Natalie and Caroline were my lucky dates last night.) It was cute, clever, and very funny. I haven't bought anything on iTunes in months, but I will be downloading the Shrek soundtrack before today is through. I loved this show and (as always) had a great time going out to see it last night.
No comments:
Post a Comment