Friday, December 10, 2010

Friday Flashback: Ghosts of Christmas Past

Lately I've noticed some new readers (or new commenters) which makes me feel the need to explain my cast of characters in the following flashback:

Me: Blog host/narrator/mother of 5 who doesn't usually feel like much of a grown-up. This is likely because I still spend so much time with:

Chris: BFF since she was 13 and I was 15, also my kids' godmother. On occasion we are joined by:

John: Our token guy friend, he came along in our later teens. He moved to Texas and has a family. We forgave him and still love him anyway. ;) I blog about the misadventures we used to have fairly often.

Natalie: My know-it-all daughter who is thisclose to turning 13 and is already tired of hearing about the aforementioned misadventures. (If only she knew about the ones I haven't mentioned...but there's a reason for that.)

Do you feel caught up to speed now? Good. On with the story:


Me: (listening to that Jose Feliciano classic "Feliz Navidad") Your Aunt Chris and I used to LOVE to call up John's answering machine or voice mail and singing as much of this song as we could fit in after the beep. We used to love to annoy him.

Natalie: (classic deadpan) Used to?!

Busted! She knows us too well. So this year, we spared his voicemail. Instead, we sat side by side and texted him each verse of the song taking turns by alternating each line.

John has an older cell phone that is slow with texts. You know he just loved this little serenade. He seemed amused when he replied, though.

Chris and I? We've still got it-if by "it" you mean the ability to annoy John in a very loving way.

(And look out because "Santa Claus is watchin' you! He's EVERYWHERE! He's EVERYWHERE!")

No comments: