- My one and only son FINALLY got seen for an evaluation to see what it is that makes coping so difficult for him. We have no results yet, but at least we got the ball rolling.
- One of my oldest and dearest friends finally became a mommy. I saw her Tuesday morning on the way to work, but her little man was busy with the pediatrician so I finally saw him yesterday. He is precious and perfect and already very smart. I know he didn't do much more than sleep in my arms and fuss a little, but I've had 5 kids and I know these things. He's going to have the sweetness of his daddy and him mommy's genius and Aunt Melessa is going to dote on him. It's so much more fun to be the aunt. :) Just ask the nieces and nephews who spend any amount of time with me how awesome I am. (Well, maybe don't ask the 5 year-old nephew, I do lose my cool when he talks back to his mother in front of me. But otherwise, I'm a cool aunt.)
- I wrote and submitted a $100,000 grant application for work. This grant is extremely competitive, but I feel like failure to apply each year might send the message that we are no longer interested in the money. So, I spent most of the week focused on it even though actually getting it is quite a long-shot. I also attended two meetings on Tuesday and two on Wednesday. My arrival at home for both those nights was around 9 p.m. But good things were accomplished both days.
- I managed to get the grocery shopping done on Thursday in time to fix dinner AND watch Grey's Anatomy. (*Little known fact-I was in a VERY bad car accident while pregnant with my oldest. Obviously, things worked out fine, but I think I will be skipping next week's episode. I had some PTSD just watching the previews.)
- On Friday, I took some of the kids shoe shopping. No surprise that Caroline picked the priciest shoes and said the following before her sister and I finished picking out ours: "Can we leave now? I've got everything that I need!" (Lanie, you may have just had your first baby-but I must have somehow agreed to a surrogacy 9 years ago for you, because that girl is so much more yours than mine.) Of course, she also got the Kiwanis Terrific Kid award this week for "Friendly," so her heart is in the right place even if she is, in her own words, "a very expensive girl."
- Next week I have a half-day of training, another grant due (one we usually get), all the low-priority messages I didn't have time to reply to last week while writing the other grant, not to mention two field trip groups. I had to quit looking at the work calendar today because it was making my head spin. Why did I want the Interim Director job again? Because, let me tell you, no one ever calls to "talk to the person in charge" because they're in a good mood and just want to shoot the breeze for a few minutes. At least there are no meetings this week?
- My babysitter was late on Thursday and Friday which also made me late for work on Thursday and Friday. :( I'm hoping for better things tomorrow. And a much less eventful work week.
- Keep your fingers crossed for me, OK? I hope to post more this week! And for those of you who still read this thing? Thanks for not giving up on me. Someday I'll find the balance in everything. At least, I really hope so...
Sunday, March 27, 2011
How Did I Let that Happen?
It's been almost a week since my last post. I do have the usual busy/kids/job excuses, but there have been so many good things about this week; that I hate to let it end without some updates. So, here are the highlights of my week (in no particular order because my brain doesn't work like that):
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I keep reading. I hope someday I will open the site and your screenplay will be posted. Probably won't happen, but I can dream, right???
Post a Comment