Thursday, March 10, 2011

Thursday Thirteen: Happy Things about My Week

  1. Taking my cousins to Cattleman's Steakhouse for breakfast. I'm pretty sure that was the first time I ever had steak before dinner time.
  2. My uncle making them go back there with him for lunch because it wasn't fair that they got steak and he didn't.
  3. Having all those wonderful people in town, even if it was for a sad occasion.
  4. The way the funeral home got Aunt Marguerite's hair just right. I hadn't seen it styled in the past three years, and it finally looked just the way I remembered it. She would have liked that.
  5. My kids speaking at the funeral. Do not leave a working microphone around my kids unless you want to hear from them.
  6. Getting to read the obituary that I wrote. That way, I guaranteed that NONE of the names were mispronounced. Not to mention a service that boasted Glen Miller, "I'll Be Seeing You", "Amazing Grace," the Byrds, and John Denver and the Muppets in its music selection.
  7. My Father-in-Law being at the funeral. (Aunt Marguerite was always fond of him.) It was good of him to come.
  8. A weekend with my family, just being together.
  9. A job that is a lot like being PTA President, only with a paycheck. For once.
  10. Working with and serving with people I have a good rapport with-and right now that includes work and both my big volunteer positions with Rainbow and the Primary Presidency.
  11. Finally getting caught up on Glee, Parenthood, and Mr. Sunshine (how much do I LOVE Allison Janney?! Enough to pray this show doesn't get cancelled.)
  12. Gelato and a movie with one of my favorite people.
  13. Sharing fast food napkins with that same favorite person at a particularly sad part of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Pt. 1.
*And, as a bonus, knowing that same person would help me take the Rainbow Assembly to Tulsa in a week even though it means missing Laniefest. (But really Chris, there is no reason we should BOTH miss it. Though I love you for offering.)*

I am blessed. Have a great weekend everyone!

2 comments:

Christina said...

Stupid Outlook isn't downloading these when they publish so I just got the last 4. It's getting annoying.

I've been watching Mr. Sunshine also, it's pretty good! I love Matthew Perry enough to forgive all the "Chandler" that I keep seeing on that show. lol

Melessa Gregg said...

Yeah, he is pretty Chandler-ish; but I still like the show. Which probably means it won't last the full season.